Can a DRID0 2 Port Analog Input Interface accept a signal from a fire alarm in a networked system and be able to controls loads attached to multiple room controllers?
Today you can connect one AI to multiple room controllers, for things such as a fire alarm input, if the room controllers are networked together ton the LumaCAN network. The steps to do this are as follows:
- Enroll the AI to the first room controller, set it up as a contact closure (maintained) input.
- Take note of the assigned "Input Number" and "LumaCAN Address" of the AI.
- Configure the switch function as you would normally
- Go to the second room controller, enroll the room controller to the second room controller either by setting your nodes to "All" instead of New, or, enroll via LumaCAN address using the address you noted in step #2
- After enrollment, change the input number of the input to the number you noted in step #2
- Ensure the switch type remains as defined in step #1
- Configure the switch as you did normally
- Repeat for other room controller
In order for the above process to work, all Room Controllers must be on the same LumaCAN network.
If your room controllers are networked together over Wi-Fi, please use the "Room-To-Room" feature which will be releasing in early 2023.