DRC Analog Input Device

Greg Benjamin

Can a DRID0 2 Port Analog Input Interface accept a signal from a fire alarm in a networked system and be able to controls loads attached to multiple room controllers?

Last edited by a moderator:
Can a DRID0 2 Port Analog Input Interface accept a signal from a fire alarm in a networked system and be able to controls loads attached to multiple room controllers?
Today you can connect one AI to multiple room controllers, for things such as a fire alarm input, if the room controllers are networked together ton the LumaCAN network. The steps to do this are as follows:
  1. Enroll the AI to the first room controller, set it up as a contact closure (maintained) input.
  2. Take note of the assigned "Input Number" and "LumaCAN Address" of the AI.
  3. Configure the switch function as you would normally
  4. Go to the second room controller, enroll the room controller to the second room controller either by setting your nodes to "All" instead of New, or, enroll via LumaCAN address using the address you noted in step #2
  5. After enrollment, change the input number of the input to the number you noted in step #2
  6. Ensure the switch type remains as defined in step #1
  7. Configure the switch as you did normally
  8. Repeat for other room controller
In order for the above process to work, all Room Controllers must be on the same LumaCAN network.

If your room controllers are networked together over Wi-Fi, please use the "Room-To-Room" feature which will be releasing in early 2024

Last edited:
Two follow up questions:
  1. I have a project where we did not supply any EM/UL924 devices, but are using a Sapphire as the room controller, and customer has confirmed that the system is networked – will the above described fire alarm input work? Or do I need EM Smart Packs in order for it to work?
  2. Is it just 1 AI device across the whole project? Or would I need 1 for each smart pack?
  3. I need to clarify with the customer HOW the system is networked, as per above instructions, they need to be connected via LC wiring runs, not wireless, as I have not seen any updates about the Room-to-Room feature mentioned in original reply - is that correct?

The issue of a trigger from a fire alarm, and Emergency (EM) Smart Packs, are completely different. EM Smart Packs are used when you have a generator or UPS providing power backup and you want to ensure that the Smart Pack is on when normal power fails.

For Fire Alarm trigger, you'll need one AI and per LumaCAN network until such time as the Room to Room feature is launched next year, then, you'll need one AI per system. Room to Room feature will be available in software release 2.x or higher.

Back