4 Replies Latest reply: Nov 19, 2014 3:45 PM by Dennis Kleid RSS

Install Leviton Decora sureslide Low Voltage Dimmer 6615-P

I'm having trouble with the connections 6615-P, Low voltage dimmer, single pole installation. The box has one black, one white, one green but no red or second black.  I attached the 6615-P green, black, and white, but there is no second black/red for the first red wire on the 6615-P.  I know not to use the second red wire.  So where do I attach the first red?   I have the wire diagram for the 6615-P, but no help on where to attach the first red when the box only has one black, one white, one green connection.

• Re: Install Leviton Decora sureslide Low Voltage Dimmer 6615-P

I figured it out...I think.  Instead of two black wires in the box, I have a white and a black. The red should go on the white and the black on the black (although it does really matter which goes on which...I think).  As for the real "white neutral", there are another couple of wires bound together, but not otherwise connected to a switch. This must be the "neutral white" wires that need to be connected to the 6615-P white wire. Under "troubleshooting" "light does not go on.  Lamp neutral connection is not wired".  Do I have this right?