1 Reply Latest reply: Dec 2, 2014 12:36 PM by GOrrigo RSS

Is an IPl06 purchased from Home Depot early 2012 LED Compliant?

I have wired my entire house with IPl06 dimmers in early 2012.  This weekend I purchased LED bulbs for all of my fixtures.  I was told by an employee that the dimmers must be LED compliant to work properly or they could heat up from not distributing the electricity properly.  These bulbs seem to work perfect on these dimmers (and I do not feel them heating up at all) but I did notice that stamped on the metal faceplate it states "for fixed incandescent lights only".  The newer switches seem to have stamped for CFL and LED as well.  I do not want to spend another few hundred dollars to switch these, but I cannot find anything online stating there is a non-compatibility difference.  Could someone please let me know.

• Re: Is an IPl06 purchased from Home Depot early 2012 LED Compliant?

The IPI06 is designed to control incandescent lights only.  There may be some compatibility with LED or CFL bulbs that were designed to work with traditional, forward-phase dimmers, but we recommend you check with your LED manufacturer for their recommended dimmer.  You may want to look into the IPL06-10Z which has been designed with dimmable CFL/LEDs in mind.  You can find more information regarding our Universal dimmer product line at www.leviton.com/universal.  A list of compatible LED bulbs can be found here