1 Reply Latest reply: Nov 14, 2013 9:22 AM by Eric Cohen RSS

Dimmers, matching, coordinating...I need help understanding and wiring.

I now have several VP106, VP00R-1L, and VP00R0-10.  Im trying to wire a simple 3 way location.  The three way switch in this box has a red, two blacks, and a ground going to the switch.  One is labeled common.  First, I dont understand the dimmer, matching and coordinating dimmers...at all.  I read the online PDF and I just don't understand them.  Which of these three do I need to install in two locations to make my freakin' lights work on these dimmers?  I have no idea what wires are in the other box because I stared at these directions for an hour before giving up.  I assume its the same.

What do I need and how do I get it wired?

• Re: Dimmers, matching, coordinating...I need help understanding and wiring.
    Adventurer

The coordinating remote is the VP00R-10Z and is wired according to the first diagram shown below.  The matching remote is the VP00R-1LZ and is wired according to the second diagram shown below.

The wiring depends on if you are using the coordinating or matching remote.  The VPI06 would be used as the dimmer in both diagrams shown below and you would use either the VP00R-1LZ or VP00R-10Z at the 3-way location.  I would recommend calling into our tech support line at 1-800-824-3005 for further support and help with wiring this setup.

coordinating_matching.jpg