1 Reply Latest reply: May 3, 2013 1:27 PM by Darby RSS

Leviton  58141 - help!!!

HI There

My builder has installed a leviton patch panel with leviton modules as in photo, and I was expecting to have wired internet all over home plugs.

My internet provider said the builder didn't do the connection right, and my builder said that he measured and they look fine, it is internet providers modem that can not send the signal.

So I have Cisco DPC3825 coming from my internet provider and then hooked to my linksys ea4500, and then tried to connect with cat5 cable that comes from Leviton, but there is no internet anywhere in the house, except wireless.

LEVITON MODULES ARE 58141and 58141-02

If you have any idea where mu issue, that would be great. I use my home phone thru internet, in this case I have to leave my phone in the basement where my router and modem is!

Thanks a lot in advancephoto (1).JPG

• Leviton  58141 - help!!!
    Scout

Hello, thank you for your inquiry!

The picture you show depicts telephone grade modules, which are not suitable for data transmission.  For data, you would need to use a patch panel with one-to-one connections (not bridged together like the phone board). An example of this would be PN# 47605-C5B, Cat 5e 6-port patch panel. Each home run wire would be punched down to the panel, and then each corresponding port would be connected to your router.

Please feel free to call our tech support line if additional explanation is needed - we can be reached at 800-824-3005 option 1, then option 2.

Thanks!

Darby