These instructions pertain ONLY to Version 3 of the 47611-GT4 Internet Router. To determine which version you have, click here.
1) Log in to the router. Instructions for logging in can be found here. Once logged in, you will see the screen pictured below.
2) Click on the “Setup Wizard” tab to open the "Host Settings" page shown below:
3) Enter the following HOST Settings
- Host Name - choose the name for your router (i.e. Bob's Router) or leave as default
- Time Zone - select your time zone
- Daylight Saving - check the enable box to enable daylight savings and select the dates (optional; only important if you will be viewing log entries and firewall settings where exact time stamps are desired)
- Function Mode - Have as Router (default ) to route different IP addresses or select Bridge for it to stop routing IP address but will still have some routing functions
- Click “Next” to move on to the WAN Mode Screen
4) WAN Mode screen settings
- Option #1: Auto-Detect (Default, preferred)
- Auto-Detect will automatically detect the settings from your modem
- Click the “Detect” button.
- When it finishes auto-detect click the “Next” button to move on to the DNS Server screen (Step 5).
- Option #2: Manual Select - have this selected if you want to input your Internet Service Providers (ISP) information manually. You must have all necessary information from your ISP to use Manual Select option.
- If selecting Manual Select option, an addition set of options will appear.
- Proceed directly to Step 6 for manual configuration instructions.
5) DNS Settings (DNS Server Screen)
- Option #1: If your ISP has not provided you with information for your DNS server (typical) click the “Finish” button to finish the setup. Your router setup is now complete and internet access should be available.
- Option #2: Static DNS - check the enable box if your ISP assigned you a Static DNS server
- Primary DNS - enter the primary DNS number from your ISP
- Secondary DNS - enter the secondary DNS number from your ISP
- Click the “Finish” button to finish the Setup Wizard. Your router setup is now complete and internet access should be available.
6) Manual Set-up Options (continued from Step 4)
- Once you select “Manual Select” a set of additional options will appear:
- Dynamic IP (Cable)
- Static IP (DSL)
- PPPOE (DSL)
- Russia PPPOE (Dual Access)
- Russia PPTP (Dual Access)
- Dynamic IP should be selected for a standard cable internet installation. Select Dynamic IP, and click Next to move to thd DHCP Mode screen.
7) DHCP Mode Screen
- Typical: Changes on this screen are not required unless specified by your ISP.
- Manual option: MAC Cloning - if you want to clone your PC’s MAC Address
- Check the "Enable" box
- Click the “Clone MAC” button to Clone your PC’s MAC address or enter in one from your provider
- Click the “Next” button to proceed.
- Go to Step 5 to resume setup.