3 Replies Latest reply: Mar 21, 2011 3:05 PM by Leviton Technical Representative RSS

Vizia RF+ installer tool problem.

The version of the tool is 1.0.4.

In the left pane under "ALL Devices" some of the circle are light green.  If I however the cursor of the light green it says "Device information incomplete - Please re-include".

The include button does not work I assume because the software is a secondary controller.  The primary controller is the VRCPG.  If I try to receive an Update from the primary the problem moves to different devices.  I assume this is because the software is trying to communicate directly with the device but I am to far away or something is obstructing the signal.  I have tried to run around the house will it is querying each device but I am not fast enough because I always seem to miss at least 1 device.

Is there any solution?

I would suggest you ask the developers to modify the program so that you get the opportunity to move closer to the device.  Maybe to all of them and then provide a list of the ones it could not communicate too and then provide the opportunity to move closer to each one and try again.

• Re: Vizia RF+ installer tool problem.
    Tracker

When using the Installer tool software/stick as secondary, you should perform diagnostic functions only with the primary remote. If the software shows that some device information is incomplete than that device was not properly included in the remote.

Perform re-inclusion on that device with the VRCPG and then perform “Send Primary Data” with the remote as well as “Read Config. from Remote” in the software to retrieve all the node data from the VRCPG to the USB stick.

I was using the remote to do the diagnostics and include new devices.  However, everytime you " then perform “Send Primary Data” with the remote as well as “Read Config. from Remote” in the software to retrieve all the node data from the VRCPG to the USB stick", the next thing the software does is try to talk to each device and depending on where in the house I am standing as the devices are being enumerated different devices will take ~30 seconds before the enumeration continues and these devices are grayed out.  What am I doing wrong?

On a more philosophical note, as an installer I would like to be able to use the installer software on my laptop to troubleshout, configure and save customer networks.  I would also like the customers remote to be the primary.  So the question is how do I go about doing this?

Tracker

When performing the “read config from remote” in the software, the stick retrieves all the information from the remote. It does not communicate with any other devices.

The devices were not properly included with the remote or there were communication issues between the remote and the stick. When performing configuration transfers, the VRCPG and the USB stick must be within 3 ft. of each other.