8 Replies Latest reply: Nov 19, 2010 4:19 PM by rmayii RSS

VRCPG-0SG Firmware v2.5

Hi,

What is updated or changed in the v2.5 Firmware for the Vizia RF + VRCPG-SG  Remote Controller?

Thanks,

Jim

• Re: VRCPG-0SG Firmware v2.5
    Tracker

Version 2.5 includes:

• Added support of new Leviton Combination devices.
    • Added support of thermostats into switch class.
    • Reorganization of portions of the menu structure.
    • Modified "remove failed" operation for battery operated devices.
    • Added support of automatic inclusion for Leviton combination controllers.
    • Improvement of test tools.

I am runninf a VRCPG-0SG with firmware v2.5.2 Z-Wave 2.06 Feb 4 2010 x36 that I purchase only about 2 months ago. It works great with my Leviton Vizia RF + switches, but seems unable to learn my Kwikset Z-Wave deadbolt. I assume the firmware in the VRCPG doesn't understand this devices protocol completely - I can add it as a node, but am unable to do anything with it via the controller.

Are there any plans to update the firmware to enable adding this lock and if so, is there any way to upgrade the VRCPG?

Tracker

Currently, the VRCPG is not capable of controlling Z-wave enabled locks or deadbolts.

Thank you. Your answer while disappointing relieves me from more hours of troubleshooting.

I have a GE Simon XT Z-Wave security system that is able to control z-wave lights, locks etc. I can incorporate it as a secondary z-wave controller by "replicating" the VRCPG which works perfectly for my Leviton Vizia RF+ dimmers, but not my Kwikset lock.

For some reason I cannot get the Simon XT to "include" the Leviton Vizia RF+ dimmers directly - turning the dimmers on or off doesn't "include" them as z-wave nodes on the Simon XT (like it does on the VRCPG). Any suggestions? Is there an alternate method of "including" the Leviton Vizia RF+ dimmers besides turning them on or off? If I could make the Simon XT my primary z-wave controller all would be well since it DOES control the Kwikset Z-Wave deadbolt - but not being able to "include" the Vizia RF+ dimmers directly is stumping me.

Tracker

You would need to consult with the manufacturer on how to perform there method of inclusion using proprietary devices.  When attempting to include the Vizia RF+ devices, are you defaulting them first?  If so, is the other remote set as primary when you are trying to include the Vizia RF+ devices?

I do know how to include other Z-wave devices into the other manufacturers controller. I have defaulted the other controller and made it primary and "excluded" the Vizia RF+ devices from the VRCPG before trying to include them into the other manufacturers controller, but that doesn't work (the other manufacturers controller never "sees" the Vizia RF+ devices while in inclusion mode). It does see and include the Kwikset Z-Wave deadbolt and is easily able to act as a secondary controller to the Vizia RF+ devices when the VRCPG is replicated into it.

Is there a different way to "default" the Vizia RF+ devices than "excluding" them from the VRCPG? I will say that the Vizia RF+ devices were first programmed into the VRCPG upon installation and if there is a way to completely "default" them that could be the source of the problem.

Any direction you could provide would be most appreciated.