5 Replies Latest reply: Mar 23, 2011 10:26 AM by CZucca RSS

How much does the evse cost to buy ?

We have a community at mynissanleaf.com very interested in  EVR-Green EVSE, instead of the one Nissan has teamed up with. This is mainly because the installation charges are seen as too high esp. for simple installs.

http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=822

That would be a good place for you to visit and answer questions.

What we want to know is - How much does the evse cost to buy. Ideally we would like to buy the EVSE and install it ourselfs (get it permitted etc) or may be get it installed from our usual electrician.

• Re: How much does the evse cost to buy ?
    Wayfarer

Thank you for your post.

Our chargers are plug-in and can be installed by anyone including a Leviton certified installer. They can be used to charge the Nissan Leaf.

Thanks for the reply.

Is it possible to give a rough estimate of the cost now ? Leaf buyers need to decide now whether to go ahead with Aerovironment evse or to wait for your evse. For eg. can you say whether the charger will be < 800, 800-1200 or > 1200 ?

BTW, there is some problem with the forum s/w. It shows you answered my question 2 minutes before I asked the question ;-)

Any updates on pricing for the EV chargers or release date?  I need to make a decision on my Leaf charger soon. - Bob

Anxiously awaiting the pricing on the EVSE and install kit....... 

Leviton announced March 4th that its Evr-Green™ 160 Level 2 Home Charging Station has received Underwriters Laboratories Inc.® (UL) Listing for Electric Vehicle Supply Equipment (EVSE) in the United States and Canada.

Slated to be available for purchase in mid-April, the charger is part of Leviton’s Evr-Green line of residential, commercial and public charging equipment. Evr-Green chargers comply with all industry standards, including the current National Electrical Code®. Assembled in the United States, they also are backed by a three-year warranty, and are compatible with all major automakers’ vehicles (SAE J1772TM compliant).

Pricing will be released once the product is available for purchase.