2 Replies Latest reply: Mar 23, 2011 10:26 AM by CZucca RSS

How will I be able to find public charging stations?

Tracker

How will I be able to find public charging stations?

• Re: How will I be able to find public charging stations?
    Tracker

Smart phone applications are available to identify fast charging stations for public use. Smart vehicles currently in development may also proactively suggest when you might want to stop for a fast charge, if you are running low and/or are near a public charging station.

For more information on Evr-green view the brochure here and visit www.leviton.com/evrgreen.

• Re: How will I be able to find public charging stations?

Leviton offers commercial grade chargers with network capabilities.  The ChargePoint Network is an open-platform network of charging stations that is delivering electric fuel to plug-in electric vehicles around the globe.
    ChargePoint Network

The ChargePoint Network makes plug-in electric vehicle use a practical reality for drivers who can now top off their vehicle batteries wherever they park - at home and at convenient public locations such as at work, or at the marketplace. Drivers prefer the network because makes it easy for them to locate available public charging stations along their commute route and to track their vehicle’s charging performance from anywhere there is an Internet connection. Drivers rely on the network to keep them informed of their vehicle’s charging status at all times.

Municipalities and businesses are using the network to offer charging services to residents, employees and customers. The ChargePoint network offers the open, high-reliability charging that drivers prefer with the option to offset electricity, capital equipment and maintenance costs by collecting charging access fees for station owners. The network takes care of drivers, freeing station owners to focus on their core business and provides the tools to effortlessly track and keep operation costs for plug-in electric vehicle charging low.

By delivering electric fuel for drivers with ChargePoint charging stations, electric utilities, sensitive to the increasing demand on their electric grid, are using the network to collect data to forecast grid enhancements necessary for EV programs and services. The standards based, secure, open architecture allows utilities to scale from one to millions of stations and provides many options for utilities to integrate with their existing business and meter management systems.