1 Reply Latest reply: Jun 7, 2010 10:44 AM by PCP RSS

What is the lumen output or incandescent watt equivalent of our Guide Lights?

I keep getting asked by potential customers of our 6527, 6526 and T6525 how they compare in light output to say a 4 watt or 7 watt incandescent bulb behind one of our louvre wall plates, i.e., a 2152 and 88079. Is there a lumen output measurement or a watt equiv. number I could use?

Thanks!

• Re: What is the lumen output or incandescent watt equivalent of our Guide Lights?

The quality of light between a louvered nightlight and the guidelight is very difficult to compare, mainly because the louvered system gives directional light with the expectation that something (stairs, walls, etc.) will be illuminated, and the bright output beam is mainly concealed from the user. Whereas the guidelight is just the opposite, more of a bright glowing marker light on the wall, pointing straight out and illuminating things to very small degree. The lighting angle is also very different, with a louvered system having a fairly narrow angle, but high powered angle, and the guidelight having a very wide angle, but low intensity light output.

Our initial testing basically confirms the above, in that the bright beam of an incandescent light or narrow angle LED is brighter than our T6525, 6526, and 6527 devices, but the viewing angle of our guidelights are superior. To do a direct comparison between the louvered devices and our guidelights would take a direct test in a lumen sphere, which we do not have at this point.