After downloading and installing an updated version of PC Access, the following window appears:
After rebooting the PC and opening PC Access, the version number displayed is the same as the version listed before the update. Subsequent installations produce the same result.
Under normal circumstances, the reboot screen should not appear after an installation or update of the PC Access software has completed.
This problem occurs when the Windows installer does not properly close the PC Access software before beginning the actual installation. The most likely scenario is that the software had an active connection to an HAI controller when the update was initiated, although there are other possible causes.
The following steps should resolve the problem and allow the update to complete successfully:
- Close the PC Access software, if currently running.
- Open Windows Task Manager, click on the Processes tab, and look for PCA3D_EN.exe (for dealer version) or PCA3U_EN.exe (end user PC Access). If either process is running, highlight the entry and click on the End Process button.
- Open Windows Explorer.
- Go to My Documents\HAI\PC Access\Downloads.
- Execute the Setup executable file. NOTE: If there are multiple executable files listed, run the one with the latest date.
- After the installation has completed, open PC Access and confirm the version listed is the most current.